Friday, October 4, 2013

Find Your Purpose and Fulfill It!

I have heard  My Call and it is a Might One!
I have taken that ever shaky first step into fulfilling a purpose.
I have answered the call to Midwifery.

If you told me just 7 years ago, that this is what I'd be led to, I may have said "Yea Right!"
Little did I know at the time I was already on a path to assisting women and families on their journey to parenthood.

Becoming a Birth Worker in 2012 only added the icing to the cake.
I am now headed to completing the decorations :-)

Midwifery is an age old practice that has been around since women have been giving birth.
A Midwife was someone's grandmother, mother, aunt, sister, friend, and yes of course sometimes even husband.
Obstetrics & Gynecology are the neonates, being introduced in the 1900's.
Why trust your body and mind to a new thing, when its predecessor has superlatively more experience?

Midwives are the mothers to mothers.
Caring, yet stern.
Knowledgeable, but studious.
And consistently reliable.

I look forward to filling this role and ushering in the next generation.

What is your purpose and have you begun to fulfill it?


No comments:

Post a Comment